Monday, January 14, 2008

Candice H.----Sisters Quilt



I am attaching 3 pictures of the quilt I made with the help of my sisters. The quilt is the Churndash pattern like the one Peggy quilted months ago. This is all fabric from my mom's stash of fabric. She passed away three years ago. I coordinated all the fabrics, cut everything out, sent 4 blocks to be sewn by each of my sisters, except one. We were making the quilt for her to welcome her back from being in New Zealand for 1 1/2 years. My sisters sent all the completed blocks back to me, I put them all together as a quilt top and Jeannie L. machine quilted it for me. We presented the quilt to her on January 11. She was surprised and thrilled! Just so you know, Peggy M. was my collaborator and mentor in deciding what to do and placing all the quilt blocks. We named the quilt, "Coming Home".




1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

i love when quilts have a "story". and you figured out how to make it work so well, candice! great job, and i'm sure your sister loved it.